Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dog days of summer and petwear progress........

After a glorious and restful 4th of July weekend at our friend's magnificent home in Southampton, and two of their canine visitors Macy and Jack, it's back to work with last minute preparations for the mid month delivery of my first collection. It's been a rocky road, (see earlier entries) filled with frustration and disappointment, but all of that adds up to the satisfaction that comes with hard work, stamina, a touch of stubbornness, a bit of humility and an enormous amount of moxie. I knew I could work hard (always did), and all the rest, but the moxie surprised me. Self esteem was always a struggle, and just like the other qualities needed to achieve one's goals, seems that it was buried somewhere in my insecure psyche just itching to get out....I am woman, hear me roar...........::sorry::
The Lucky neck warmer is in production, Tigger neck warmer has been approved, and the kinks were ironed out and perfected on the Maxine (cotton) sweater and everything looks good.

I just this moment received the pictures of the Pepper neck warmer and was a bit nervous about that one because of the complex button closure but, leave it to Patricia to absolutely "get it". With a few tweeks, that one will be approved too! All I can say is "whew". I'm only running the three for now, to see how people respond to them. The Misty Heart and Candy styles, though my personal favorites, are a bit more complex and might end up being more expensive so, I'll hold off for the time being.


Now the focus is on getting the Lollypups name out there. The label is perfected and will be ordered this week as will the hang tag. Brochures and press releases are being sent to newspapers and magazines, and my friend Christy, a journalist, will be doing a lifestyles write up some time soon. She also keeps me abreast of any pet events she hears about where we can attend and I can push the product. I've already donated a sweater to Dogs In Danger, for their online auction to help ...........well..........dogs in danger, a not for profit organization that I've become involved with. Their goal, to rescue soon to be put down dogs in animal "shelters" across the country. (I use the term loosely since what kind of sheltering are they really doing). Anyway, Dogs In Danger and all similar rescue organizations need money in order to keep going. As soon as I have the link, I'll post it for anyone who may feel the urge to save one of these little guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment