Friday, July 16, 2010

There's something just wrong about trying to sell sweaters in 97 degree heat!


I sit at my computer, air conditioner humming, attic fan sucking out the hot air in the attic above my studio ceiling, and my portable fan is clipped to the edge of the desk, turned toward me, blowing. That's how hot it is today.

Lacy has been feeling under the weather for the past 4 days (I thought it was the heat which it was , partly) but it seems she got that stomach infection again so I started her on the rice and chicken diet as before. She sleeps beside me on the floor, not even interested in the nice soft pillow beside her. Then she gets up and slowly moves toward another spot, I never know where to find her, but she sleeps. It makes me realize how old and slow she's getting and I shiver, even in the heat.

On to the business at hand. Patricia is shipping everything on Monday the 19th as promised. In the end I think things were handled kind of sloppy on my part and on hers. In our anxiousness to get things resolved so as to keep the shipping date, I've let a few minor things slide with the scarves. I asked if I could have a picture sent of the Tigger draped on the mannequin since I never got one. Patricia said she can do it on Monday when they're ready to be shipped because one of her ladies is working from her home not with the workshop and so she hasn't seen it. That scares me. If she hasn't seen it, who's minding the store? Next time, I don't want to do development of stock before finalizing everything first when I'm in Peru. Sample development is one thing, production is another. I do have a lot of confidence in Patricia, she's been on target most of the time but my funds are running dangerously low and I can't afford any mistakes.

I finally heard back from Fair Trade Knitters. My last contact with them was back in January!
They work with Ecuador where there is some beautiful wool production so I'm anxious to see if they will follow up this time and give me color and quality information. At least they're local and it might be easier working through them from here. I do need other sources, that's for sure!

Erika is doing a great job on the website. I'm truly in awe of my first born and her tech capabilities. I thought I was pretty website savvy but she has been constantly coming up with little bits and pieces that make the new site look good and much more clever than I can. She does get short with me if I don't understand something after trying to explain it to me umpteen times. Like how the hell does Twitter work?? I can't help it if I'm slow.........hmmmmm........Lacy and I may be "old dogs" but we're not incapable of learning new tricks ;(

I think I'll play my fiddle now.......I know I'm better at it than she is::::hee hee:::





No comments:

Post a Comment