Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pet wear you'd wear comes to life.........




The first scarf came in, based on the Lucky Rainbow style and I think this concept is going to work out well. The only thing I'm giving thought to as far as the silhouette, is to modernize it a bit more. Grandma Sophie Lapson made these little neck warmers for all her children, grand children and great grand children and I kind of followed her idea for the shape only longer. Patricia's ladies did a beautiful job, based on my sketch and schematic but I'm used to making the first proto myself so that I can experiment with the style. I don't have the luxury of time to play around with designing right now (the FUN part of having a business) because there's so much to do before the product comes in. I'm pretty clear on the right way to do it after giving it some more thought, I just hope I can clarify how it will work to Patricia. It's not a huge order for her, but I am concerned about timing also.
Meanwhile, the brochures came in and look great! so I'll be busy getting them out in the market and to various publications. I applied to Pet Fashion Week NY and hopefully will be able to get the needed publicity and sales to get this venture up and running. I'm not ready for HH Backer 's Holiday show but who knows, maybe next year!
It's a hot day and Lacy is taking yet another nap. Daughter #1 is in Columbus, Ohio about to embark on her first trade show for her own business, Sonic Legends, at a gaming convention. Daughter #2 is due back Friday morning from a dream trip to Israel though there has been an indication in her facebook posts that she may "never come back" (she will). So, all is as it should be on this Wednesday, June 23,2010. The boss is saying "back to work, Lieberman" and since that's me talking to myself, I guess I better get to it before I'm taken away in a straight jacket.
More later...........

No comments:

Post a Comment