Monday, July 26, 2010

Two giggles to start off the week

Giggle No. 1 - We call this "Scootshi". Or "Scooter roll."
He does like to be surrounded in a safe cocoon
whenever he rides in the car. Travel anxiety. And that really isn't a mournful look of sadness on his face, but the heavy lidded, drooping eyes that go along with his relaxed Yoda ears. In two minutes he'll be sound asleep. My baby grand dog helps me start the day with a smile.

Giggle No. 2 - is the sort that comes from giddy, squeeking excitement. All four packages of the production order arrived from Peru today. Easy peasy. I picked them up at the post office and am now sorting through them, getting them ready to sell. The new button samples also arrived and they look great on the Lucky and Tigger scarves so I have to order the dozen I need of each since the other buttons I bought don't look half as good. Lesson learned once again-- stick with first instincts. Color always looks great! It wasn't a major expense but I'm trying to keep any additional cost to the scarves as low as possible. Gladly though, the wholesale pricing is 40% less so that will be a nice savings.
In the "any day now" catagory, the hangtags should also be ready this week after having approved the layout last Wednesday.....and finally (and happily) the website is finished. WHOOT!!
It's really terrific and will get better as we update it. Erika is quite the geek (saving me a bundle in the process). Then there's the cost of advertising. Holy Hannah!! Here's another major decision I have to make as I try to stretch the meager remainder of the seed money to accomodate print ads. Like Doggie Aficionado and Modern Dog.
I think I have to forget about the advice from my mentors and get a loan after all. To wait till the sweaters start to sell would just be wasting valuable time that could be spent on
designing, advertising, sending out press releases (for free publicity) and all those other good things that go along with start ups. Still.........I'm feeling pretty good about how things have progressed and if I find the right selling venue, I could get this whole thing up and running in time for the holidays.......which was my intent all along. Good job Patricia! On time delivery is a huge plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment