Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dog dud delights; or "Peru or bust"



Samples came in from Peru today and for a first try, it's way
more than I expected. Patricia really "gets" the concept , which had been the most difficult part of working with China. There, things are done cheaply and that's fine for a lower range price point. She has her own collection of quality woven Andean ponchos and some hand knits, so she really strives for the best in workmanship. That, coupled with the use of alpaca, makes the sweaters feel and look worth the price. Sizing has to be finalized and some colors and yarns need tweeking, but I'm sure we can go into production next month. This continues to be Liebo's great adventure...

Skyped another resource from Peru this morning and he's interested in making the matching scarves for pet parents. Everyone who sees the sweaters says they want one for themselves but since I'm basically out of the women's fashion business, scarves are all I'm interested in doing for now.

Victor sent me jpegs of the colors he has available in Alpaca (they are distributors of the yarns as well as manufacturers) so I have my work cut out for myself for the next few weeks.

Sketches, specs, yarns to put together for scarves. Corrections sent for the sweater samples, colors exchanged. Sizes adjusted and written up for each style. It's also time for me to get my insecure butt to the bank and get a loan working for me. Everything I'm reading points to pet products as being "recession proof" and that people turn to their pets for comfort during difficult times and I have seen first hand, how stores and pet owners reacted to the product. I'm still gathering signatures from groomers and store owners, touting the product so I have ammo when approaching a bank. Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize........ Should be interesting.

Javier in Bolivia sent pictures of the samples he's doing and hopefully I'll get them soon. There may be a problem with the choice of yarn being too heavy but it's hard to tell from the picture. I'm glad I gave the "Candy" to Patricia to develop......it looks so beautiful. She's working on "Pepper" too so that should be ready by the time I get there. Why did I wait so long to do this???? I've never been happier.........

No comments:

Post a Comment