Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Beside myself with glee..............

Some samples came in from Peru and they're EXACTLY what I have been trying to achieve over the past year as far as color and qualities. The materials are sumptuous, the colors delicious and the price ........well, we'll work on that. Basically, this young woman has a great eye for color and although there are a few tweeks that need to be made, she attempted to recreate the prototypes of two styles FROM THE PICTURES I SENT HER, just to show me that she could do it!! Great job. I can live with that. Now that she has the actual prototypes and specs, I have no doubt she can do them.

She sent the color cards for the alpaca and pima cotton (which I love) but I'm going to have to juggle things to make the price work. Still waiting to hear from Bolivia but I know Peru is a good resource and we're on to great things. She also sent knitted swatches ( just because.......) of amazing jacquard trials and all I can say is how smart this young woman is to have added these to the package. I'm hooked..............and happy to have found a resource I can work with.
More to come.............

No comments:

Post a Comment