Saturday, January 24, 2009

More progress....




Lacy is wearing Misty Heart (in honor of Aunt Marie's Chihuahua--RIP) It literally started out with the heart motif and grew from there. This prototype was sent to China Jan.7 and materials have been sourced but a counter sample won't be made until the factories reopen after Chinese New Year (Mid February for the dyers!) I'm assured that the technique can be replicated and all materials can be provided in the same colors but I'll have to wait and see. Meanwhile, it's a great Valentine's day sweater but my timing is a year off :(
I'd like to create a couple more though since themes are always popular. (but no Santa's, I promise) Coming up next......Sugar and Spice theme, a confection in shades of cream and cottony fluff...this one's tough and I feel it needs more planning than the others so I'll have to be a bit more disciplined. Also on the horizon, Winter Garden theme....a garden of appliqued flowers in a multitude of colors. The question that STILL remains after all the smoke clears on these designs, HOW MUCH WILL THEY COST TO REPRODUCE!!



Stay tuned...................









No comments:

Post a Comment