Monday, January 26, 2009

I divert today..........

Bought myself a knitting machine on sale and started playing. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it however, I don't picture myself doing much with it except experimenting with swatches and colors. It's only a straight knit/purl machine and since I prefer mixed stitches and mishmash designs, I may need to find a book or something. Honestly, I'm in the throes of learning so much already, I think I'll leave the knitted proto making to the experts. My real purpose is to experiment with intarsia patterns which I can just send off to be developed, without a proto . I've yet to find a CAD program that doesn't cost a bundle and will translate graphs into sweater designs. I know they exist but cost a lot and right now, funds are tight. I'll try to figure it out in Photoshop or illustrator but until I can, old fashioned colored pencils will have to do. So many ideas............so little time. This is such fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment