Thursday, August 5, 2010

What a reaction to the website.......

Now let's see if the sweaters sell!!. Erika did a fantastic job, put in a little musical ditty she composed, figured out all the paypal, shopping cart and page turning stuff and Jeff sent out a mass e/mail to all his friends and posted the link to his fans on facebook so we got a lot of hits.....but no sales. But it is August and it is 90 degrees!! Who in their right mind would purchase a sweater for their dog in sweltering heat?? I did have to get in the inventory now though because the consumer magazines such as Doggie Aficionado, Modern Dog, Fido Friendly and the rest, all put the cold weather issues to bed in August and September. I did take out an ad for Doggie Aficionado for the next three months and happily, I will be billed each month so the meager remains of my seed money will stretch a bit longer.
Got an e/mail from the local paper (to which I sent a press release) and they'll be doing a story about Lollypups and me. Dad will be proud so I won't say anything to him, just send him the article, which will come out on August 13.
Ofcourse, the one person I would LOVE to have see it, is Eileen Fisher. A little intro before I apply for her grant for woman owned businesses. Can't hurt.....
Meanwhile, I took on a freelance assignment to try to earn some money since we've been dipping into our savings for two and a half years. I'm glad the bulk of Lollypups is completed, so the timing really is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment