Monday, August 30, 2010

Virginia Beach visit

I left Lacy with her daddy and they went off for a weekend in the Hamptons while I flew with my three sisters to Virginia Beach We went to visit Aunt Marie and Muffy, her sweet, latte colored 5 year old chihuahua. I brought down my first "Maxine" experimental sweater, which was really tiny, (good for a belly shirt) thinking that Muff was much smaller then she really was but she graciously allowed Aunt Marie to put it on her and let me take pictures. She looked adorable, prancing around for the camera and although my aunt was touched that I brought it for her (and proud of me and my newly launched business) she doesn't put any apparel on Muffy ever! ( definitely not my customer) so off it came when the photo shoot ended. I did like how, even though it was the wrong size and too short (she could have used the xs), it still stretched and fit comfortably, getting me to conclude that maybe I can offer this size for the teacup breeds.

On our last day, we had brunch at the beach and I spied 3 Bichons on an outing on the boardwalk in their enclosed stroller. Dogs aren't allowed on the boardwalk at certain times of the day because of the crowds, until after labor day. They were just so adorable, I was compelled to take a picture. Taking care of one Bichon is hard enough for me, but these three looked well groomed in their fuffy bichon style haircuts and their pet parents were obviously devoted to them, pet papa proudly shooting pix after pix as their heads peeked out of the window.

I'm home and up now at 5am and tired so I may have to rewrite this after I've had my coffee. Meanwhile, I'm deep in preparation for the Harvest Festival and made a couple of purchases for it at a huge antique emporium my sister took me to in Va. Much yet to do, the biggest thing is finding a tent. More later........Lacy needs to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment