Tuesday, November 22, 2011

SSSLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWW season...

A situation that's both bad and good. Gives me much needed time to send out mailings, design new styles and shop for next season. Fun. Found a new resource for vintage fabrics, buttons and trims ::yowza!!::: where I will be able to acquire some more fringed wool. And not far from home!! I was also able to reorder the cool little mittens again this year, so the "Holiday Mittens" harness vest is being reissued. Big seller that one.  Because of the fact that the plaid I used for the first one was a remnant, I thought I'd be limited in the number of pieces I could produce. I may not get the exact camel plaid but the substitutes make for a whole new look. Yaaa!
So far, several stores have responded to the mailings inquiring about wholesale pricing, lead time etc. so I'm happy the Lollypups name is getting out there and more people are visiting the site. I'm also happy that I can jump back into the biz with NO further family commitments or travel, except of course, the holidays (and occasional babysitting) until June when we'll be headed to Switzerland!! Stay tuned.
On a sad note, I was finally able to go back to the shelter to see my seniors last week and was told that Reily had passed the week before. Poor little bony boy, although I knew how sick he was, I'm sorry I didn't get to see him again and that broke my heart. Now Sheeba is the only one left of my three friends and I know it sounds silly, but she does seem a bit slower and sadder...I know she misses her companions-- first Buzzy and now Reily, and I hope the shelter will at least put another senior in her pen with her to keep her company. I'll check on her soon and maybe suggest it.
I kind of felt the need to look into the eyes of some youngsters that day, and maybe feel less hopeless with their situation then I do with my seniors. So I met Hector, who was brought into the shelter in October. Wow, talk about love at first sight.....(new?) He's a Glen of Imaal terrier mix and 6 years old, but doesn't look like the picture anymore since his fur has grown over his face making him look like a mini-sheep dog. He has the disposition of a goofy, fun loving, nerdy kind of bear and I know he'll get adopted but just needs a grooming. Another one I met was Dale, a great dane mix and not overly huge. Talk about beautiful! Crystal clear blue eyes, white and black face and still just a pup. Under a year if I remember correctly. I think I'll start posting pictures of the dogs on my website. If people aren't going to buy the clothing, at least they may pass the word about these wonderful animals that so desperately need a home. http://www.petsalivewest.org/
A quick trip to the city tomorrow, apple pies to bake then off to Albany for Thanksgiving with Mr. and Mrs. Newly weds and their family.  I have so very much to be thankful for this year and am always aware of that fact.  If the business picks up, so much more so.  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment