Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Updates and Upstarts........

Lacy has decided that she wants ALL of my attention this week.  At times she's been sassy, energetic, eccentric, and downright pesky.  I tried everything to appease her.....early dinners,  walks outside every 15 minutes, treats, praise.......but here she is at my feet once again, standing on her hind legs and "quarking"--making a guttural sound resembling something between a quack and a bark.  As I rise to pick her up and maybe cuddle her into submission, she turns and bolts from the studio, then stands in the hallway and whimpers.  How do I get any work done??   Well, here's a clue          
<---------------better.
I was able to contact a couple of vendors in NYC willing to sell me low minimums for my little biz.  Two in particular were very accommodating and willing to send me swatches of what I was interested in.
I also physically went to a warehouse nearby and checked out his high-end cotton sateen patterns and ended up buying rolls of less then 10 yards as well as contrast linings. (and left Lacy to pester Jeff). So now, I have two prints planned for summer harnesses.  Next week will be a busy one.  The Indigo show is upon us again and it's always great to see what kinds of prints and color trends are out there. With the patterns finished and ready for Igor, I'll be able to discuss samples now that I have the yardage for them and the matching leashes.   All this is in preparation for Superzoo in September.  This time I want to get a vendor booth and sell wholesale.  Got my free flight from Jet Blue and the rooms are cheap, cheap, cheap..........so, all I'll have to pay for is the booth. Still a big expense but worth it.  The attendance was up from last year! 
So, in the end, I did accomplish a lot and Lacy, tuckered out, went to sleep with Otto, finally leaving me in.... peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment