Thursday, February 3, 2011

Quiet after the storm.........

The wind shakes the ice encrusted branches and pelts the house with frozen shards.  It sounds weird against the siding and against the windows, breaking the quiet of the night time.  In the morning Lacy and I go out and the ground is covered with little ice pellets sparkling in the morning light like broken glass, beautiful but treacherous.  Lacy needs boots I think.  She gingerly steps down on the path I've tried to shovel for her,  then turns and looks at me.  I know what she's thinking and go and get her "chew socks", (infant socks I put on her when she chews on her paws).  She hates them, but they help.  It's too cold to stay outside and the snow is too deep to walk around the property, so she takes care of business and walks back to the house, stopping at the door.  I have to put a towel on top of the rubber mat outside the doorway because it's frozen and sharp on her paws and she refuses to walk on it even with the socks.

Jeff's in California and Lacy is confused, walking into his office and barking at his empty chair.  These are the times we rely on each other the most, I to calm her and she to calm me.  I'm ok being apart from my spouse, I get a lot done and do it all my way, but it's still a strange sensation when the house is so quiet.  I put on my music and get to work on more designs which puts me in a whole other zen place.

I donned my graphic designer hat yesterday, and finished the ad for Doggie Aficinado magazine, my third and last.   The issue comes out in March.  They will also put a spot on their web page www.poochcity.com once I send that too.  I'll have an ad in Modern Dog for their spring advertorial section, I believe that's this month.  Let's see if all this works to help sales. 

Meanwhile, still prepping for the Pre-Westminster Gala on February 11th.  I'll go into the city tomorrow and meet with Robin, my table-mate, to hash out set up details. Then to shop for more trims and fabrics for the spring collection and hopefully, meet with Igor about sample making.  Now that the patterns are all done and graded and the protos made, I'm ready for the next step.....costing. :(
To end, a little color amid all this whiteness.........

No comments:

Post a Comment