Tuesday, January 25, 2011

With all the snow comes.............WHITE INSPIRATION

It's a marshmellow world out there, warmth is the thought of the day, and sweaters are the necessity with which to achieve protection against yet another of mother nature's fluffy blanket layers.  I watch Lacy during her morning ritual, out in the fresh powder. I'm bundled up in black but the sweater she wears stands out boldly against the backdrop of white.  Color is so uplifting when all around you is just white. 
I see too that white is not just stark white.  There are colors in the snow that are the palest of pale, sugar-coated mauves, taupes, blues and pinks.  They have a lucidity to them and as I look about me, I see that in nature as in fashion, where there's pale, there's a pop of contrast.  Plum and taupe colored tree branches and grasses, also dusted with new snow, stand in dark contrast to all the pale shadows that envelop them. 

Came across this image which really illustrates the feeling of dusted pales (Thanks to "allthebeautifulthings" by Zoreta).
I attended the Texworld USA textile show last week and (gratefully) it only rained one day so I was able to take advantage of two days of seminars and fabric & trim shopping.   I find myself amidst booths of fabrics, garments, embellishments and all things textile, and I get sense of being in the center of an exotic bazaar.   The technology in fabrications, the colors, the textures, are so delicious  I was like a kid running amok at FAO Schwartz. 
I sampled an amazing brushed fleece with cire nylon flowers; a denim with copper printing and a chambray and denim jacquard. The buttons and trims were just what I was looking for and some reps are located in NYC as well as Asia making it even easier to find and obtain  them.  We'll be making some very fashionable cloth harnesses for next season and I'm delighting in the whole development phase once again.  So with these new fabric and trim sources, my happy-go-lucky manufacturer in the garment district, and the color inspiration of today's musings, Lollypups will have much to offer in the future.  Onward we tread.
Pre-Westminster gala, February 11 at the Hotel Pennsylvania,  will have sweaters and some of the harnesses available.  We'll be there and I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment