Friday, September 17, 2010

What did I learn this week?.................

I learned that I am NOT a radio personality and CANNOT speak articulately when being interviewed live.  Granted it was the local Westchester radio station WVOX and not Oprah, still.........I think I'll just hole away in my studio and create beautiful pet wear instead of talking about it.  Some things I cannot do.......
Interestingly though, I did get into the city today and thought I'd drop by Ritzy Canine Carriage House on East 40th Street to finally meet up with Kristina, the owner, a lovely, statuesque, businesslike but friendly young woman who graciously allowed me to show her the collection.  She was very positive and loved four of the styles, promising me an order once she figured out what she'd need.  Ritzy Canine Carriage House is one of those do everything kind of city establishments where they not only keep pets in doggie day care (large pets upstairs and little guys down stairs) but sells high end pet products, apparel, toys etc in their ....well.......Carriage House, great old building, tastefully done.    A perfect fit for Lollypups. 


I stopped by FIT today, to retrieve the Sorbet Valentine sweater that was making the rounds with Pet Fashion Week.  Paige, a true Lollypups fan, insisted that I try to produce this style as a Lollypups Couture.  I would if it wasn't so freaking expensive......come on......silk yarns, angora, cotton, metallic.......tiny stitches (I think it's all done in single crochet!!) it would take a week or more just to make one.  How cost effective is that???
So I guess Lacy will be the only one to own this "couture" style, good press when she wears it, but I don't see how it can be reproduced.  That's the problem with my designs.  They emerge from my head to my fingers and I don't pay much attention to commerce when I do them.  Too bad.  It is pretty.  I'll try to do a simplified version (though Misty Heart was my attempt at simplifying....it looks good, but maybe TOO simple.  The colors also, make it look special.  Back to the drawing board Paige. (the place I like to be the most). 

No comments:

Post a Comment