Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The best things in life are doggie...........

I sometimes forget in my busy schedule, to pay attention to Lacy and she sure lets me know it.  Lately she just barks for what I think is no reason other than to annoy Jeff and me but when I stop what I'm doing and listen to her, it's like she's demanding attention.  And rightfully so since that is what's been lacking lately and she's so used to getting it when I'm not so busy.
I got the side walls for the canopy at a hardware store near the marina in Mamaroneck.  I figured that would be the best place to find tarps if they're the ones that boaters use, and I was right. So now, if a hurricane comes, the side walls are water proof and I'll be (hahah) protected from the wrath of the storm.  That's the worst case scenerio ofcourse.  It's on again off again with the weather but today is tuesday so who knows what's to take place on the Harvest festival weekend.  If the hurricane moves out to sea we'll have beautiful, cool weather, perfect for pet sweater sales.  If not, it will be my daughters' 2009 wedding all over again (also known as Woodstock revisited)
Something about the Berkshires, the Liebermans and the desire for splendid weather that somehow doesn't jell for one reason or another. 

Every thing is in place.  I'll drive up Friday morning with all necessary stuff, set up and hope for the best.
After this, it's literally back to the drawing board.  I need to send Patricia the new development to start working on.  I won't hear about the grant until December 1 and the Holiday Fair at the botanical gardens will be upon us on Dec 3-4 so I need to get the holiday line of harnesses made and ready. 
Lacy needs my undivided attention now.  She's making a wierd squeeking noise that I imagine is her attempt at communicating "potty time" in dogspeak.

No comments:

Post a Comment