Sunday, September 26, 2010

Preparations continue..........

All week I've been creating small vintage-look garment hangers to display the Lollypups sweaters at the Berkshire Botanical Gardens Harvest Festival, next weekend.  Got the last decoupage pup in place, applied finish, sanded, steel-wooled, applied more finish, sanded, steel-wooled, applied more finish, sanded, steel-wooled.....long process but able to do it in steps while accomplishing other things, and they turned out great.



Mid week Lacy and I went to meet Winston, a bichon poodle mix at A New Leash on Life pet shelter in upper Westchester.  He is a wonderful dog; lively, playful, adoring...just the kind of companion I would love.
Unfortunately, Lacy was too skittish around him and cringed when he came near her , making me realize that a companion for her isn't going to work after all, because she was never really socialized in her 12 years except for Amos who was a little older than she was.  In the coulda, shoulda rationalization, I should have adopted another dog when Lacy was young.  It's too late for her now and I certainly don't want to add stress to her life.  Winston deserves a good home and I hope he gets one.  I'll do what I can for him and get the word out. He's such a handsome boy!

Back to sewing buttons on scarves and pinning hangtags......

No comments:

Post a Comment