Sunday, April 18, 2010

We don't stop playing because we turn old.........we turn old because we stop playing.

The colors of spring are a delight and the smells delicious. Lacy and I spend our mornings pacing up and down the new grass at the top of our sloping property, I with my coffee mug and poobag, she in her t-shirt (protection from the deer ticks). The trees are not fully foliated yet and so the the river is still visible in all pinks and mauves of early morning light. My zen place (and I like to think Lacy's too though in reality, it's just her usual morning constitutional to prepare room for breakfast).

Interesting development about our trip..........after all plans are finalized, plane reservations, apartment rental.........I get an e/mail from Peru Moda graciously offering me incentives because I registered for the trade fair during my stay. Those incentives included one free (yep, free) round trip airfare to Peru!!! Bad timing on my part I'd say. I wouldn't even have known about the trade fair if one of my contacts hadn't asked me if I would be attending. So I missed out on a big one. But I am able to take advantage of free transportation via taxi from the airport as well as a shuttle to Peru Moda from various locations, so that's not too bad a booby prize. I was told to take advantage of this incentive next year.........and next year I'll be much more educated!! Live and learn.
Hoped to start the new sweater so I could bring something new with me and talk to people at the trade show about producing them. It's my intent to have a list of possible vendors for future reference.
It's quite a remarkable feeling.........all this. I hoped to do the Columbus Avenue Crafts Fair in October and requested the paperwork to apply. After telling the women I was speaking to that I would be selling alpaca pet sweaters she exclaimed how great it is that there's a "dog run" right at the site near the Natural History museum. I asked her if I could request a booth at that location and she assured me I could. How's that for kismet?? HOWEVER, the rules state that no imported goods are allowed. I have to have made the garments myself, so it's not in the cards for me. Too bad. It would have been a good kick off to getting the name out there in the dog capital of the world!! The upper west side of New York City!
Meanwhile, Victor is preparing some ladies alpaca scarves based off the pet sweaters in coloration and texture and will meet with me the Monday we arrive in Peru. Good stuff for holiday spending. Pictures to follow.
And onward we tread.............

No comments:

Post a Comment