Friday, April 9, 2010

...life is not JUST keeping busy.....

I hate that........it's not about busy work to keep your mind off the negative things that are always a part of life. It's about the results of the work moving you forward. It's happening....
maybe frustratingly slowly, annoyingly haphazard, scary expensive and uncomfortably ill equipped at times, but the end result is that it's a learning experience that's resulting in exactly what my vision for Lollypups was all along. So everything that has occurred over the past year and a half, had its purpose ....even the personal roadblocks along the way. I breathe a sigh of relief at every turn, and plod on and it makes me stronger..........I like being strong!

The first sample of Misty Heart is finally coming in from Bolivia. Not as easy working with Javiar as with Patricia but he makes the effort. I think there might be something more to the situation in Bolivia with the government's animosity towards the US, that may jeopardize doing business there. While I'm in Peru, I'll try to meet with other vendors and split up the styles so Patricia isn't overwhelmed. I know her own collection will take precedence over mine but I'm hoping that won't occur so I'm trying to get all things finalized before I get there so it moves forward into production smoothly. I still have a "head full of ideas that are driving me insane" (to quote Bob Dylan) and if I see a new color combination, or swatch or picture, I'll immediately pin it up on the concept boards. There are three: Winter Garden; Spun Sugar; Kaleidoscope
and they're bursting with tidbits of ideas. That's how I like to work because something ALWAYS comes out of them. Pepper for instance was based on a simple striped tank top.

No comments:

Post a Comment