Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My little germ factory is at it again.........

Just when I think it's safe to smother my grand baby in kisses, his runny nose catches me off guard again and wham, I'm back out of commission.  All the handwashing in the world won't stop baby germs, that's a fact.   Doctor said "stop making out with the baby and you'll stop getting sick" and I should have listened last month after a bronchial infection knocked me on my butt, but I truly learned my lesson after this knock down, drag out bout with a24 hour stomach virus that hit me right at the beginning of my tapas dinner party! Bed rest for an entire day which I really couldn't afford, so I am listening to him now (grudgingly I might add) and managed to stay away from the love of my life for at least a day.


Continuing getting ready for the Pre-Westminster Fashion Fashion Show and Gala 2012 this year,
http://www.pre-westminsterfashionshow.com with new Spring 2012 harness vests in the works. So chic and functional, made right here in the USA and priced right! The sweaters will be offered at wholesale prices to attendees at the event for that night only and I’ve been FB-ing and Tweeting constantly to get the word out. There is a Venetian Masquarade theme but I feel costuming the Divine Ms. Lacy at this stage of her 15 years is undignified and slightly humiliating so, sporting one of the newest harness styles will be as dressed as she’ll get. I, on the other hand, may just wear the “Satan’s Little Helper” devil mask from Jeff's film of the same name and scare the bejesus out of one and all…..just kidding ofcourse. I do have the mask I made for the School of Visual Arts 40th anniversary gala. Add a few feathers and viola! Venetian Masquarade revisited. We’ll see if I even decide to use it.  Maybe as a prop.

I loved doing the masks used in The Actor's Shakespeare Company’s production of  "Two Gentlemen of Verona" back in 2004 I believe,  but don't see myself going through that kind of time consuming creativity for this event.  Time is better spent perfecting the Spring '12 collection and generating some interest (read sales).  I attended Texworld at the Javitts Center again on Tuesday and came away with color and fabric direction for 2013 and a great solution for the new paisley harness embellishment from Mako Inc. I always find something wonderful and inspirational from them. Now to place my order so it's delivered in time for the gala.  So far I have 3 new spring styles to introduce.  The new fringed plaids will have to wait for the Winter collection though....
And away I go, germ free and back on track! 

No comments:

Post a Comment