Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy mother's day-after

Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful and inspiring day spent with my first born, soon to be a mother herself. Sweet sentiments abounded on the bouquet of flowers delivered on Saturday and on Face book postings, solidifying the feeling that with all my self doubts, THIS is what it's all about. We took pictures by Halsey Pond and the still intact, beautiful gothic tea house with it's arched windows and massive stonework. 

Then off to brunch at an outdoor cafe which served the absolutely best chocolate bread rolls--divine! Mother/daughter conversations led to giggles galore and I savored the joy of my child's anticipation of the role of motherhood she would soon be embarking on. I bought a musical puzzle for (us)... the baby, just because.........then more pregnant pictures at the Hudson River park, with pink fluffy cherry blossoms in bloom against the backdrop of the blue sky, and palisades. 
With all warm and fuzzy feelings still coursing through my psyche, I returned home and back to the drawing board to finish some designs and I guess the good vibes eminated from my fingertips and onto the Illustrator drawings I was struggling through the day before, because :::viola:::: success!  How pretty the rain harnesses are turning out to be......the prints are darling and the silhouette is finally perfected.  Off to the sample maker this week, then more celebrating.......Erika's baby shower to prep for and cupcakes to bake!  Busy....busy.....busy.  (smile) 
And Lacy stayed home and slept all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment