Thursday, July 2, 2009

All is complete and now...............ON WITH THE SHOW

Weddings are over, mood is soggy but content. The marriage of a first born in any family conjures up emotions that are both sweet and painfully sad and losing an important family member one month prior who should have been present to enjoy all this only proves to me once more, that there is no god only circumstance. The simple task of designing a sweater for a little dog to wear and keep warm seemed to pale in comparison to the roller coaster ride we've all been on these past few months. All planning is done, wedding dress successfully constructed and beautifully worn, wedding cake consumed and champagne toasted. And a memorable time was had by all. In the end, with the disappointments came joy........with the bad and insulting behavior of some, came consideration, helpfulness and a sense of camaraderie of others.....The true meaning of family was displayed at both events and I'm grateful to my own little clan, for giving me the truest sense of belonging.
But back to the task at hand........Lollypups Pet Wear.
The focus is no longer my personal life but back to development, business plans and designing and merchandising the line. We're at the 3rd phase of counter samples for Misty and Lucky and I've found a good supplier for other items as well, that will coordinate and merchandise back to these two styles. I need to give the go ahead for the Tigger style and correct the glitches in the Sugarplum style, then send the proto out to be made. I contacted a company in Peru (my gut feeling that these sweaters should be in pure wool is still nagging at me) but no response. The words Small start-up company seem to slam a lot of doors........too bad.
I'm not going to China in July this time around since the trade show is not really pet oriented but that's just as well. I need to research more and have more to show and I must GET AN AGENT.........only proving my humble inability to do EVERYTHING which is a rude awakening on my part since I've always done everything in the past. Damn..........talk about being driven......I have to learn how to delegate and let go.........This is a challenge, truly (and to have the funds to PAY for someones help is a close second). I don't want to.......but I must........or this will take me forever to launch. Prime focus is on creating a solid business plan or as solid as one can be in this quagmire of economic uncertainty. Therapy session over.........All is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment