Thursday, March 26, 2009

What a trip........


Lacy may be my muse and looked beautiful in the sweaters at the Barking Beauty Pageant on Sunday, but there's no chance of her becoming America's next top (dog) model. Being the consummate diva, she outright refused to walk onto the center area but was, however, gracious enough to pause and sniff a hello, one by one, to each of the spectators sitting on the floor. Unfortunately, the time allotted to us was very brief (and there was no Miss Congeniality award to earn). My visions of her prancing, head held high, proudly modeling my designs (maybe turning slightly and coyly glancing over her shoulder at an adoring audience) fell totally flat and I ended up picking her up and walking her around, while the moderator explained that this old girl was a diva in the truest sense of the word. The other dogs were all adorable and their owners were at various levels of fixation on their pets, from nonchalant to manic obsessive so it was an education for me as to what my potential customer is willing to do for their pet...... I handed out business cards and information about Lollypups Petwear (and accepted the accolades on their uniqueness and originality) so all in all, mission accomplished. I hear there may be coverage of the event on The Learning Channel. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment