Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Samples are on the way.....and I say YEA!

Spoke to China this morning and Vera sent an attachment of the two counter samples along with the proto for comparison. All I could say was WOW! Secretly, I wasn't sure they could do it but outside of a couple of mistakes (miscommunication being the biggest problem in dealing with China), they did a stellar job of interpreting the Lucky and Misty styles. Happily, Vera says the factory will remake the samples correctly based on my comments.
Note to self: China takes EVERYTHING literally so what they get is what they'll produce. I found that out with the first factory and realize that maybe it's just the norm. Nothing that a trip to Asia wouldn't remedy but I know now to be very thorough and make myself very, very clear. Tomorrow I get the breakdown of costs (yikes!) (insert uncontrollable teeth chattering here!!)
Then onto the next step of this incredible journey. I need more funding now that the initial seed money has done it's job so I have to figure that out. Production is another story altogether. I'm convinced I have a really saleable product so, armed with that knowledge, the ability to produce, and with the upcoming publicity establishing the brand, I'll start the marketing strategy, get the website completed and begin showing the product to high end boutiques.
Should anyone ask me if I'm having fun yet...........I'd simply say...........ha........no brainer!!! Have I bitten off more than I can chew?...........ABSOLUTELY! It's what makes me even more determined to make Lollypups Pet Wear work. More to follow..................

No comments:

Post a Comment