Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lollyphilosophising...........

There's been travel to new places, cultivating new friendships, enjoying amazing experiences...what a summer!! 2012...... grandbabies new and to be......and life goes on and on and on. That's what it's all about no? Well....the on and on and on part maybe is a little iffy nowadays, so........enjoy it, cherish each moment, learn new things always, stay current and D..O..N..'T stop......ever. That's just me...I'm not preaching. Honest!

Lacy hangs in there, as do I. We're so simpatico it's beyond anything I can comprehend. What you ask? Simpatico with A DOG??
Not me..I won't get attached..I'm too busy. I'm too involved with my children, my work, my life......I'm, I'm, I'm............in LOVE with this soft, warm, energetic little being...

That WAS me, 14 years ago, when Lacy first came into our lives. She was the dog of my youngest daughter, Emily. A bribe to smooth over the fact that at age 12 we snatched her away from her friends and all she knew in California, because once again, we got the urge to be back in good old NY, where the sun wasn't a constant and valley-girl speak was replaced by Nu Yawk-ese. Guilty as charged! So, it was theater camp, new clothes, and a puppy. It all worked......at the time.

Then she grew up.....moved on, but I refused to let the warm puppy, then 6 years old, go off to college with her. Bad enough she was spawning the empty nest phase of our lives, but the dog too??? That I hadn't counted on.

Lacy wobbles, increasingly. I pick her up at times because I just feel like she's so very tired she can't be bothered moving. I hold her close to my heart to feel hers fluttering in little pup tempo, secure in knowing it’s working properly. Although I find myself talking to people about how they deal with the loss of a pet, the idea still remains abstract to me, since I'm unable to wrap my mind around such a thing just yet. But it’s probably just the subconscious me trying to prepare the conscious me for the inevitable. And that's all I can say.
I'll let her rest now.  No more fittings, no more appearences at charity events modeling Lollypups Petwear.  We're both going to put the business on hold for a bit.  Me to work and actually make some money, and Lacy to just sleep.....sweet girl.