Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Holy Hannah!! just call me nana............

No blogging for me this past month...no anything in fact!  My doula duties kept me very busy (and on edge) but all turned out fine.    Logan Daniel Greenberg was right on schedule.  Born on the Fourth of July and a cuter Yankee doodle baby you've never seen.  Four generations!! Really makes one humble. I won't go into the typical "grandma" dialogue, suffice it to say, I'm in love and need my baby fix daily. Happily, being only 5 minutes away, Erika indulges me.
The WABC sponsored "Bark in the Park" which took place on the 25th of June was kind of a bust, even though there were maybe a thousand people (not 3 to 4000 as I was told).  Lollypups harnesses and leashes once again, received tons of praise but only two sales.  The pups who purchased the "Really Rosey" harnesses, looked so cute!  I really hope I'll get pictures as promised . 
I'm slowly getting back to the drawing board and refining the leashes and harness designs.  Bought two new fabrics for development,  but am still having difficulty with the boy styles and must concentrate on them now as per customer requests. I attended Texworld and Spin Expo last week and re-established connections with past vendors I will be using, especially for embellishments.  I also found a terrific resource who can make braided cording into beautiful leashes and collars. So the wheels are turning once again I'm happy to say.
Artsy Dog, a high end dog product website, launched last month as well and I now have product to be sold via their website www.lollypupspetwear.artsydog.com . They're based in Canada (they NEED sweaters there) and will be doing promotions and taking ads in pet magazines, something I can't afford just now. The products are beautiful, classy collars, beds, artwork, charms, etc.  and I was asked to join them back in May.  My site isn't doing enough traffic, so I thought for the 15% commission, it's worth it not to have to lay out funds for advertising right now.  
Things look grim for my SuperZoo plans, which really upsets me.  I'm doing a blitzkrieg selling excursion during the next month in the hopes of attaining my $2700 goal. I'm not getting discouraged about the business, but continue to be frustrated in my inability to conquer the "business" side of this endeavor.

Meanwhile, July has been truly a "dog days of summer" experience with a massive heat wave last week.  We took Lacy out to the North Fork of Long Island to visit her "cousin" Harry, an adorable Havanese, go to the beach and eat massive quantities of seafood. (us humans, not Lacy)   Unfortunately, all Harry wanted to do was hump her.  He's not quite 2 years old so it's to be expected.   However, Lacy at 14 years old,  didn't seem to protest much.....could it be she's digging the whole May/ December thing?  I wonder.
Summer reading:  Dean Koontz's book "a big little life", A Memoir of a Joyful Dog.....proves once again that dogs are incredible at communicating their needs, desires and love.  I must write to this man and ask if the chapter where he talks about Trixie actually saying "baw" for the word ball when they passed by a tennis court to collect balls for her to play with is accurate or a bit embellished. Could it be?  (I'm guessing, yes)

No comments:

Post a Comment