Monday, November 8, 2010

Blustery Fall day....hail and rain and leaves twirling ferociously

Halloween can't just come and go without a picture to celebrate.  Our house sits on top of a hilly cul de sac so we don't get trick or treaters and I don't dress Lacy in costume (she's way too proper for that) but she did manage to pose in the Pepper sweater beside our pumpkin.  I can't ask for much more than that.   
Today is a perfect day for completing some harness designs.  I did want to go into the city on a selling trip to a couple of doggy day care places that just opened, but will wait for tomorrow when I have more items to show.  Meanwhile, Lacy and I travelled to Philly over the weekend and visited the headquarters of Anthropologie (their flagship store) and were totally wowed by the place.  It looked hip and palatial,  with pillars, high ceilings and a stained glass dome.  I didn't know whether to drool over the surroundings or the product so I did both.  Lots of ooing and aahing from this Lollymama and lots from the patrons and sales people in the store as I walked past with Lacy wearing her Candy sweater. The diva dog refused to walk (new?) so I'm very thankful for the time I spend in the gym building up my biceps.  I hate the idea of carrying her like an accessory but in this environment, it worked and she got a lot of attention.  The manager of the store gave me the contact number for the buying office so I can approach them about carrying the designs and I placed a call today.  I'd be so honored !! Philly is a nice city and is filled with dogs (all dressed in sweaters!) prancing down the streets on a brisk Sunday morning so Anthro would be an ideal situation for us! 
I should know if I'm in the running for one of the grants I applied for by the first of December.  Meanwhile, I just want to sell the product I have now (retail or wholesale) and get on with new pieces! 
So, update complete...........now back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment